Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stroller Envy...


One thing I couldn't help noticing here, is the size of the strollers people have here (or should I say "pram"?). I thought people in the US had big strollers, but compared to the strollers here, they are nothing. Danish people are serious about strollers! I mean, they are not strollers, they are "moving beds"!! It is big enough that babies can not only sleep in it comfortably, but they can also crawl around in it. And most babies have this fluffy comforter fitted with a cute Danish-pattern cover (not a polyester blanket like we have in the US!) in their strollers, and no wonder I haven't seen too many crying babies in Denmark! Their strollers are too comfortable! People often leave their babies in their strollers outside the store when the parents are shopping, and one time, I've seen a stroller outside a restaurant with a sleeping baby in it, and on the stroller was a baby monitor! Can you believe it??

Even when the baby is a little older, he/she can still ride in the big pram, sitting up like the first picture. In some of the bigger ones, I have even seen someone with FOUR babies sitting in it!! (too bad I don't have a picture of that).

Anyway, that was a culture shock for me. Back when I was in the market for a stroller, this kind of stroller was out of the question for me, but now that I have seen so many of them here, and how comfortable the babies look, I have to say, I wish I had one of those! But then again, back home we don't have a reliable bus system like here, nor do we have buses that are built to fit exactly two of these giant strollers, so it would probably make no sense to have a stroller like this. So Jonathan, don't worry, I'm not getting yet another stroller... ;)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those strollers look awesome! How funny that people would even leave their sleeping baby outside of a restaurant with a baby monitor! That's brilliant...I don't see that happening in NYC though!

    ReplyDelete